WHY CHOOSE TRAILER TRAINING UK FOR YOUR LGV TRAINING?
- 100% GUARANTEED JOB INTERVIEW – working with hundreds of the largest names in UK Transport, on completion of your training with us, we will guarantee you a job interview, so you can get earning as soon as possible!
- EXCELLENT COST – Best priced school in the South per hour. We will NOT be beaten on price. In the unlikely event you receive a ‘like for like’ lower quote elsewhere, send it over to us, and we will endeavour to beat this price for you! Meaning you can take advantage of our high pass rate, high training standard, easy booking process and modern vehicles.
- TRAIN NOW, PAY LATER – Finance options now available!
- PASS IN A WEEK – All our courses can be completed over 3-5 days.
- INITIAL DRIVING ASSESSMENT – Just see which courses is best for you, if you enjoy it, and most of all… if you like us.
- EXCELLENT DVSA APPROVED FIRST TIME PASS RATE – Currently 91.7%.
Things to consider...
- Qualified & Professional Instructors
Our instructors are DVSA qualified. Our instructors draw on over 25 years’ experience to get our clients to the DVSA CAT C Driving test standard and more.
- Reliable & Modern Training Vehicles
We use comfortable, tried and tested modern training vehicles. Our CAT C training fleet are modified, for example with reversing cameras and additional mirrors; for easy training and maintained to the highest standards.
- How many hours training per day you are actually paying for and getting?
Watch out for “it’s a 3 day course” ! Which actually turns out to just be 3 hours training per day, often not enough to get you to the test standard. We make it clear to you exactly what days and how many hours per day you will be getting. We charge by the hour, so we can tailor the course specifically to you.
- Starting price for our 12 hour intensive course.
- Course fees subject to VAT & DVSA test fee
- Use of modern training vehicles included
- Courses from 12-27 hrs available 6 days a week
The next steps...
If you have passed your LGV C (class 2) you are able to come straight on the C+E (class 1) course.
You can either call, email or live chat us to discuss or book your course. We can deal with any queries or discuss your requirements – We are here to help!
Book your tailored course with us – Online here or call to find out more.
After your first course, join our loyalty card scheme for future discounts.
Available Course Dates
Winchester / Southampton
12- 16 hours:
31st January, 1st & 2nd February
5th, 6th & 7th February
9th, 10th & 12th February
13th, 14th 15th & 16th February
20- 24 hours:
31st January, 1st, 2nd, 5th & 6th February
6th, 7th, 8th & 9th January
8th, 9th, 10th, 12th & 13th February
15th, 16th, 19th & 20th February
12- 16 hours:
18th, 19th & 22nd January
24th, 25th & 26th January
30th, 31st January & 1st February
5th, 6th & 7th February
19th, 22nd, 24th & 25th January
29th, 30th, 31st January & 1st February
2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th & 7th February
8th, 9th, 12th, 13th & 14th February
If you would like to book one of these courses, please fill in the booking form below and one of our training coordinators will give you a call to discuss.
Trailer Training UK Ltd has LGV / HGV training centres in Southampton Hampshire and Greenham Berkshire covering the south coast including Hampshire, Sussex, Dorset, Surrey, Wiltshire, Berkshire and surrounding areas.
Trailer Training UK Ltd has grown from strength to strength in the past 10+ years as an HGV / LGV training provider, and are seen as the industry leading training provider for our clients. Over the years we have helped many thousands of clients achieve their goals, acquiring new driving licences and professional industry standard qualifications.
We provide quality HGV / LGV driver training for the private client, government bodies, local councils, schools and major blue chip companies but to name a few.
Our dedicated team is lead by Director Steve Davis who has attained the highest grade DSA ADI qualification (Grade 6), Steve’s background is ex-army (Royal Corps of Transport), driving and instructing an a wide range of vehicles from teaching of road driving skills to blue light driving and instructing tank transporters students achieve there HGV class 1 (C+E) Steve left the military as one of the highest qualified in his field.
Steve’s team has vast experience and knowledge across both the HGV / LGV, PCV and towing industries so you can guarantee you will be in good hands.
We provide tailored, professional and affordable driver training in all commercial categories including car and trailer training (B+E), (HGV) LGV C and C+E, (PSV) PCV D1, Initial CPC and JAUPT approved periodic driver CPC courses, trailer handling and caravan courses.
Our clients travel from far and wide from all across the UK and some times even Europe, as well as locally including Winchester, Eastleigh, Southampton, Portsmouth, Fareham, Hampshire and further afield Dorset, Berkshire, Surrey, Wiltshire and W. Sussex to receive the best quality of service.
Our team of very experienced staff and driver trainers will take you through step by step, from your booking to completing your training and test. Our instructors have been training lorry and bus drivers for over 30+ years and we have a extremely high 1st time pass rate so you know you will be in good hands.
- Long Established PCV & HGV / LGV Training provider
- 93+% 1st time pass rate (2015) – DSA national average Apr 14 to March 15 is 55.4%
- Modern, comfortable and adaptable Fleet of Training Vehicles.
- The UK`s leading B+E Car and trailer training provider
- We are the Official Approved LGV C1 Training Provider for South Central Ambulance Service
- LGV and PCV Industry experienced trainers
- The South’s leading LGV C1 & PCV D1 ambulance training provider.
- We have DVSA ADI, HGV / LGV & PCV registered driving instructors.
- Our instructors are DBS cleared.
- Competitive training rates with our famous Loyalty Card Scheme
- Training consultants to the Camping and Caravanning club, NCC, RYA and local companies.
- Training provided for major blue chip, national and local companies
- Preferred all categories driver training provider for HM Royal Navy & BAE Systems 2010, 2011,2012.
- JAUPT Approved Periodic CPC training centre
- CIEH Approved First Aid training centre
The rules on what you can tow are different depending on when you passed your driving test.
You can view your driving licence information online to see if you’re allowed to tow.
Licences issued from 19 January 2013
From 19 January 2013, drivers passing a category B (car and small vehicle) test can tow:
- small trailers weighing no more than 750kg
- a trailer over 750kg as long as the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM)
If you want to tow a trailer weighing more than 750kg, when the combined weight of the towing vehicle and trailer is more than 3,500kg, you’ll have to pass a further test and get B+E entitlement on your licence.
You’ll then be able to tow trailers up to 3,500kg.
Licences held from 1 January 1997
If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you can:
- drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes or 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to750kg MAM
- tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg
For anything heavier you need to take a category B+E driving test.
Licences held before 1 January 1997
If you passed your car test before 1 January 1997 you are generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes MAM.
This is the weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when it’s being used on the road.
You also have entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM.
Towing heavier combinations
If you want to tow heavier combinations, you’ll have to first apply for provisional entitlement to the new C1+E entitlement. You’ll then have to pass the category C theory test and C1+E practical test.
Once you’ve done this you can drive vehicles and trailers with a combined weight of up to 12 tonnes MAM.
- Category B
You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).
You can also tow heavier trailers if the total weight of vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg.
- Category B + E: Car and trailer
You can drive a category B vehicle with a trailer when they have a combined weight over 3,500kg.
- Category LGV C1: Medium goods vehicles 7.5t
You can drive vehicles weighing between 3,500 and 7,500kg (with a trailer up to 750kg).
- Category LGV C1: Ambulance
- Category LGV C1+E: Medium goods vehicle and trailer
You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg, but the trailer – when fully loaded – can’t weigh more than the vehicle.
The combined weight of both can’t exceed 12,000kg.
- Category LGV C: Ridged lorry
You can drive vehicles over 3,500kg (with a trailer up to 750kg).
- Category LGV C+E: Articulated lorry
You can drive category C vehicles with a trailer over 750kg.
- Category PCV D1: 9-17 seat Minibus
You can drive vehicles with:
no more than 16 passenger seats
a maximum length of 8 metres
a trailer up to 750kg
- Category PCV D1+E: Minibus and trailer
You can drive D1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg, but the trailer – when fully loaded – can’t weigh more than the vehicle.
The combined weight of both can’t exceed 12,000kg.